Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP m283fdw printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hello,

I'm having issues printing on my heat transfer paper using the HP m283fdw printer. The heat transfer paper just keeps getting jammed in the printer. There aren't any of the following options  HP Iron-On Transfer,  best quality paper type, HP Premium Inkjet Paper HP Matte Presentation Paper, Special Paper.

I have attached an image on the options I have available.

IHP Options.jpg

Please can you assist on what I do to be able to print on my heat transfer paper.

Thanks,

Bhagti

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The image isn't showing:

The options i have available are:

bond paper

card glossy 176-220g

color paper

envelope

extra heavy 131-175g

heavy 111-130g

heavy envelope 

heavy rough

HP EcoFFICIENT

HP glossy 120g

HP glossy 150g

HP glossy 200g 

HP matte 105g

HP matte 120g

HP matte150g

HP matte200g 

HP matte 90g

HP Tri Glossy 150g

Hvy glossy 111-130g

intermediate 85-95g

labels

letterhead

light 60-74g

mid weight 96-110g

photo film

plain paper

preprinted paper

punched pap

recycled

rough

transparency

x-hvy glossy 131-175g

HP Recommended

You state an inkjet paper type. You cannot use inkjet papers in a laserjet. You need to use transfer paper designed for laserjet in this printer. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.