Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP officejet 3830 is having an issue with paper getting stuck.

So, i checked the roller below the document tray and looks working ok as it pulls down the paper fine. However, by the time the paper reaches the cartridge, its stuck and not moving forward. I checked underneath the printer to see if its jammed, opened the cleanout tray  underneath to see where the paper is and  it shows that the paper is not jammed and infact gone till the roller at the cartridge. Check the pics.

Cartridge is moving fine and is not stuck anywhere. Both rollers looks not dirty. I could see the roller below the cartridge rotating, but would not pull the paper.

And screen shows there is a paper jam, however i could easily pull the paper up & out from the document feeder tray itself smoothly.

Tried many times and it does not print. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Aks

Cartridge is not stuckCartridge is not stuckcleanout tray - Paper has moved past thiscleanout tray - Paper has moved past this

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@aks133

Welcome to the HP support community.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks. But it still has the same issue. I have decided to buy a new one.

HP Recommended

@aks133

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.