Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 7730 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, hope someone can help, my Printer HP 7730 All In One printer keeps jamming the A3 paper yet the A4 prints no problem.  Have tried all the 'remedies' suggested by HP - removing the jammed paper, checking front and back of the printer, cleaned the rollers removed all 'dust' yet it still jams, seems to feed into the printer OK then gets jammed on the RHS as I look into the printer, even though there is nothing there, cleaned and realigned the printer head, my printer is only just 2 yr old, bought it to print A3 Family Tree Ancestry!

Grateful for any helpful assistance

Thanks

Phil

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@philmaskell, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer jams the A3 papers. Let us try these steps:

Which tray are you using?

Make sure the paper is properly loaded. Refer to - Loading Paper, Cards, Envelopes

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Sorry for late reply have been in hospital.

Have uninstalled the printer and all software and drivers, re-installed, tried the A3 paper in both trays still jams - getting fed up as it has just gone past the warranty stage!!

HP Recommended

@philmaskell

Kindly watch this video to check how to load the A3 paper in tray 2 and print.

Note: This video is from a 3rd party channel on YouTube.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance as one on one interaction is required. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have reached out for Technical assistance: 

Case successfully submitted! Case ID: [Personal Information Removed]

Thanks for your help and assistance so 

HP Recommended

@philmaskell

You are welcome. Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.