7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 7855 makes GRINDING noises when pushing paper out

HP Recommended
HP 7855 Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

12/3/2020...

Could someone please HELP me with this issue!!!!

I originally asked back on 11/16/2020 but no one responded 😣

My HP 7855 printer has been making these awful loud grinding noises when loading, printing and pushing paper out. It sounds like it is trying to catch or something (like a wheel turning and missing a catch) and will do this for about 30 seconds or more, then it pushes out the paper -- might do it again a few times but then will work ok for awhile. It does this every so often for several months now, no telling when...very annoying and cannot figure out what the issue is....please help!! 

Printer is only 2 years old, I have tried the diagnostic steps on the hp site ( I don't think there are any issues with the ink cartridges as they seem to be moving freely on the warm up and the documents are printing fine; and I have to the best of my ability thoroughly checked all areas of the printer, feeders, etc.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation