Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Deskjet ink advantage 2135 all lights blinking and cartridge carrier not moving correctly, it starts like its moving then does not complete the whole move

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mimi_2011,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are facing carraige jam.

Try the below suggestions -

Check for obstructions in the carriage path

Remove any loose paper or obstructions that might be blocking the carriage path.

Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.

Open the cartridge access door to get to the carriage inside the printer.

EXAMPLES OF A CARTRIDGE ACCESS DOOR

Examples of printer door locations

Look for and remove any obstructions in the carriage path, such as crumpled paper or dislodged labels.

EXAMPLE OF A PRINTER WITH AN OBSTRUCTION IN THE CARRIAGE PATH

Example of a printer with paper debris in the carriage path

If the carriage has a latch, gently press it down to make sure it is locked into place.

CAUTION:

Ink tank printers: If the carriage latch is secured, do not press down on it. Doing so might damage the printer.

EXAMPLES OF THE CARRIAGE LATCH

Example of the carriage latches

If the carriage is not locked in place, move it to each side, removing any obstructions blocking its path.

CAUTION:

Do not force the carriage to move if it is locked or stuck. This can damage the printer.

Close the printer door.

Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the power source.

Wait 60 seconds.

Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE:

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

You may refer to -Carriage jam or E3 error

If the error persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.