Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP Envy 7640 wont load or print the photo papers i put in the photo tray, only when i put the papers upside down it will print - on the wrong side.
Hence, it wont print on the glossy side of the photo paper, and half of the time it wont even load the paper.
In case it DOES load the paper (when put in correct), it will just spit it out continuasly without printing on it. 

The paper is 10x15cm, 240gram.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @asskum,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand that you are trying to print on the glossy side of the photo paper and the printer is not printing. 

To assist better-

1) What application are you trying to print from? 

2) Are you able to make a copy of the picture on the photo paper directly?

While you respond to that, let's try the below troubleshooting steps so we can help you further

Kindly click on this link to view the detailed troubleshooting document.

In case you face an "Out of Paper" error then click on this link to view the detailed troubleshooting document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1) Im using Photoshop to try and print 

2) It prints completely fine on the backside of the photo paper yes, but wont read the paper on the glossy side - if it does, it just spits it out without printing. 

ill check out the links, thanks a lot for the response!

HP Recommended

@asskum,

Thank you for your response, if you are using photoshop to print, then export the image to JPEG format and then try printing using Windows Image Viewer once to check. Sometimes it could be an issue with the application as well. 

Please go ahead and update the firmware once : 

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC. 
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.