Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855 printer

HP ENVY Photo 7855 jams on 10 mil thick Kodak Ultra photo paper. It jams, won't make the bend. Is this normal?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @desertdale,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print on Kotak photo paper 

To assist better -

1. Are you able to print on regular paper?
  2. What is the size, weight of the photo paper you are using?
  3.  What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

Meanwhile, refer to the printer specifications to know the supported media types.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping,

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24,

You wrote with the following questions:

To assist better -

1. Are you able to print on regular paper?  Yes, with no problem.
  2. What is the size, weight of the photo paper you are using?  8 1/2" x 11" photo paper x 10 mil thick.
  3.  What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? I'm sorry, I don't know the application because it is my brother that asked me for help, and I've not been able to verify what his application program was. He had been able to print to this photo paper from his older HP printer, but the current one has now replaced his old printer. I'm sorry to not be able to be more specific.

Meanwhile, refer to the printer specifications to know the supported media types. I will be able to ask him in a few days when I see him.  Thank you.

Desertdale

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

Check the weight and thickness of the photo paper he is using.

Also, let me know the application he is trying to print from.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

To answer your questions:

The thickness of the paper is I had stated before, it's standard 10 mil thick photo paper, that is, 10 millimeters or 0.393701 inches thick. There is no "weight" specification.

He was printing from his PC with Windows 7 op. sys. from a *.jpeg file from his Documents folder.

Are there any adjustments he can make to his printer, or is that thickness of photo paper just too much for this HP model printer?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Print your photo from photo editing software after changing a few print quality settings.

1. Before printing, edit the photo to improve colors, brightness, contrast, and any other appearance settings.

2. Right-click the photo, select Open with, and then select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.

NOTE: 

For Windows 10, open the photo with Paint to use these steps. Windows Photo Viewer does not come with Windows 10 and was replaced by the Photos app.

3. Click Print, File, or the menu icon Microsoft Paint menu icon (Paint), then click Print.

The Print or Print Pictures window opens with general print job settings.

4. Open the printer Document Properties window to access more print settings.

If you do not see these settings, go to 123.hp.com to install the full feature HP driver.

• In the Print Pictures window in Windows Photo Viewer, click Options..., and then click Printer Properties....

• In the Print window in Paint, click Preferences.

Document Properties window

5. Change print job settings from the Properties or Preferences windows. Use the Advanced button or the tabs at the top of windows to find your settings.

• Portrait or landscape orientation: Select Portrait for vertical prints or Landscape for horizontal prints.

• Paper tray or source: Select the tray you loaded the photo paper into, if your printer has more than one tray.

• Photo paper type: Set the paper type you are using, such as HP photo paper, glossy, or matte finish.

• Paper size: Select the paper size you loaded in the printer.

• Add or remove a border: Add a white border around the photo or print to the very edge of the paper.

NOTE: 

If the Document Properties window has a Printing Shortcut tab, select a shortcut with your preferred settings.

6. From the Paper/Quality tab and in Advanced settings, select available print quality settings.

NOTE: 

Quality is measured in dots per inch (DPI). Higher DPI produces better photos but slows print speed.

• Draft: Lowest DPI typically used when ink cartridge levels are low or when high quality prints are not needed

• Normal: Default quality setting suitable for most print jobs

• Best: Better DPI than Normal

• Max DPI: Highest DPI setting available

7. On the Paper/Quality, Color, or Features tab, or from the Advanced, Color mode, or Print in Grayscale menu, select from the following options based on your printing needs.

NOTE: 

If you regularly print in black and white, but find that color ink is also used, your printer model uses a mix of black and color inks to decrease grain. Additionally, some ink is used from all cartridges to perform periodic servicing that prevents clogs and other print quality issues. There is no way to bypass these features.

• Black and whiteMonochromeBlack Ink Only, or Grayscale: Uses the black cartridge only to print in black and white.

• High Quality Grayscale: Uses all colors and black to print higher quality black and white prints.

• Color: Uses all colors and black to print in full color.

8. Click OK, and then click Print.

9. To save your settings for future print jobs, select one of the print job shortcuts, change any of the settings, click User Specified Print Settings, then click Save as.

10. After printing, remove any photo paper from the tray and store it in the package it came in or in a plastic bag. If left in the tray for an extended time, the paper might start to curl.

You may refer to -https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2387104-2310812-16

Let me know if this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.