Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5535
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Did everything from hard reset to software update , verified no paper or obstruction, in fact the carriage moves freely back and forth.

Tried to do a firmware update which the virtual assistant recommended but the update said to clear the ERROR FIRST!  UGH!

Honestly this should not be happening but getting more and more frustrated with every HP product and seriously looking to go back to Canon. 

I am considering driving over it until it is part of the pavement then and posting the video with " proper way to repair any HP printer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tesseract2020, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - 'Paper Jam' Error(includes troubleshooting for carriage jam issue)

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have gone through every last detail and pulled out every possible piece, used a high intensity light to scope out any minuscule debris  and there is not a spec of paper anywhere.  The inside of the unit is clean as possible in fact with the minimal use it almost looks brand new. 

It is becoming apparent this is either a software glitch or a firmware issue. 

Is there a back door sequence I can enter to do a factory reset?  Please don't tell me to remove the power and hold the start button for 60 seconds I have tried that countless times. 

This unit has an internal bug and if I could get access to it, maybe I could reset it. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Tesseract2020

I understand your concern. However, the only reset that can help would be the power reset. If the issue persists, this is a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.