Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I Have a HP Envy photo 6255 All in one wireless printer for the last few days ive been trying to print but cant due to an error message that keeps popping up: " Photo Tray Problem - The photo tray is blocked. Please adjust the tray and try again." Ive checked the printer for any blockages and there are none. After trying many different ways to try and fix this issue nothing has worked. I decided to try and do a complete factory reset. Once I clicked and confirmed the factory reset the printer did a few things and then wanted to print  alignment report told me to load white paper which i had removed when trying to fix the issue so i loqded white paper clicked on the printer had the loading sign that said " printing the alignment page..." as if it was going to print after is shuffling around after a few seconds i could hear this tiny beeping sound it beep about 3 time i think stopped and did it again then made and shuffling noise and the same error message pops right back up and this is just repeated because i started the factory reset so i clicked ok to clear the error message and then hit cancel on the "printing the Alignment page..." so that way i could finish the factory reset and set up the wifi information etc... 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Amarks1026,

I'd like to help!

Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly

This error can occur if the printer trays are installed incorrectly. Make sure the printer is located on a flat surface, and then make sure the photo tray moves smoothly within the paper tray guides.

1. Make sure the printer is positioned on a flat surface.

2. Push in the output tray extender.

3. Pull out the input tray, but do not remove it.

Image: Pull out input tray

4. Remove the output tray.

Image: Remove the output tray

5. Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly, and that the photo tray guide tabs (grey) are sliding beneath the main tray guides (black) on both the left and right side of the input tray.

Image: Photo tray properly functioning

Image: Tabs outside and inside guide rails

If they are not in the correct position, gently move the photo tray to align the tab gaps, and then gently press the tabs back into position.

The photo tray should move freely with no resistance.

6. Reinstall the output tray, and then make sure the edges line up with the input tray.

Image: Line up the edges

7. Try to print.

8. If the error persists, try printing or copying a document with the output tray removed.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.