Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer, the HP ENVY Photo 7155, is not printing photos correctly.  Sometimes it does not take the photo paper from the photo tray at all or creates paper jams. Most of the time only the bottom half or a quarter of the image is printed. 

There is a gap between the time the printer starts printing and when the photo paper reaches the ink. It starts printing BEFORE the paper reaches the ink cartridges.

Using: 4"x6" glossy photo paper

What the printer is doing wrong:

Once the printer sounds as if it started printing the image, I would wait a minute or two. Then, I would open the lid of the printer to check if the photo paper has reached the middle of the printer where the ink gets printed onto the paper; in other words, I would check if it's actually printing on the paper. It does not. Because, the paper is still at the back of the printer, still making its way through the back rollers. Therefore, the printer thought it had the paper a long time ago and started printing, but it didn't have the paper.  It continues "printing", but by the time the paper does reach the ink, it only gets the last part of the image.

I tried several troubleshooting techniques: unplugging the printer while it was on and waiting the 15 seconds, filling the photo paper tray completely, filling the tray with only 5 sheets and 1 sheet, restarting my computer, resetting the printer, running the printer troubleshooter from my computer, printing from the main tray using the photo paper, and cleaning the spools and rollers. I checked that the printer's software was updated and it was. I also tried printing from different photo software, such as Photos, Photoshop, and straight from the HP Smart App on my computer. I checked my printer settings on the computer and the printer, made sure it knew it was a 4"x6" glossy photo in the photo tray.

Is there any way I can fix my photo printing issue?

Thank you,

Dahiana

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dahiana1

Welcome to HP Support Community

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

We could try a Semi Full Reset as a last resort

Please check your Inbox for instructions

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @KrazyToad for the reply. So far, I have not received an email with instructions. Is it something I should've received right away or should I wait a couple more days?

HP Recommended

Hi @KrazyToad, can you please resend the email. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.