Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-21-2022 10:34 AM
I'd like to help!
I understand the out tray extender is stuck and unable to push it back into place.
Ideally, the tray extender pops out automatically to hold the papers in the output tray. However, you will have to manually close it once the job is done.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check for any damages or obstructions in the path and clear the same.
Push it in till it snaps into its place.
You may refer to the document to know how to check for jams-E4 (Paper jam) error
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community