Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Lenovo X1 Carbon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP M552 printer and for some reason the paper is jamming in the fuser.

This happens upon each print.

The machine suggests opening the right door and removing the jam to clear the fault.

The paper which is jammed has printed on one side and has not printed on the reverse side.

The jam itself results with half of the paper concertinaing in the fuser and the rest sticks out of the fuser.

This makes me think that the fuser is the culprit.

From taking out the fuser the gears do spin but are VERY hard to rotate.  Is this normal and does this indicate a problem or should i be looking elsewhere?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Quick update

The printer continues to be able to print one sided perfectly however when printing duplex it will jam

HP Recommended

Unless the pressure release is active, the fuser should not spin freely. What is the page count of the printer and what error code appears. You may need to print the event log from the diagnostic menu to see the error codes.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

The error code listed in the log is 13.B9.A6

The page count is showing as 85,201 

HP Recommended

According to documentation this error is going to be either a damaged ITB or a bad fuser. Based on experience if you can find no jams I would try a new fuser. Max life on this fuser is 150K but we see a lot fail in the 80K range, usually when users print a lot of 1 page documents. Max life is based on print jobs of at least 5 pages each. It is due to the number of rotations that happen before and after a page is printed that wear out the fuser. On some units they now do not publish a page count but rather a rated number of rotations of the fuser.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

New Genuine fuser installed and still the same problem

The printer has no problems printing one sided.

However when duplex printing it will print one side and then when it feeds the paper back into the machine it jams in the fuser.

It is as if the fuser rollers are not rotating when the paper is fed back in and thus causing the concertina with the paper.

The event log is showing

Stopped at fuser jam, 1
0201001A02011004800172440

Event 13.B9.A1

Photos of the jam.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovPKYMTiZuo9knIqSpW_Qh2Bsqi?e=DwQVXn 

20210408_171951024_iOS.jpg20210408_171957332_iOS.jpg20210408_172016550_iOS.jpg20210408_172024541_iOS.jpg

HP Recommended

It is possible that the firmware is corrupted, I would try a factory reset to see if that makes a difference.

HP Recommended

Factory reset all done and the problem persists.

Thought process: If the printer prints 1 sided without a problem and only jams after printing side 1 and then returning the paper back down to be printed on page 2 is this not an issue with either the direction of rollers or the path the paper is attempting to take?

Should it even be entering the fuser on route back to receive page 2 print?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.