Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M281fdw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My MFP M281fdw printer is not printing cardstock. We've selected the "heavy paper" weight from the dropdown. We have opened it and cleaned the rollers. It used to print cardstock. Now it just "whirls" and can't seem to pick it up-- both from the paper tray as well as the feed slot. Then I get a "jammed" message. 

How can we fix this? I bought this printer just for my business and need to print cardstock often. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How heavy cardstock you are using in gsm. Maximum recommended for that printer model is 163 gsm.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

How heavy cardstock you are using in gsm. Maximum recommended for that printer model is 163 gsm.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Depending on how long you have used it the pickup roller may be worn out. Heavier, rougher paper will cause accelerated wear.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It's "medium weight" cardstock (not super heavy-- not sure of the exact specs) but it is  possible it's heavier than that. However the printer was printing very heavy cardstock when I first bought it, so I am guessing the next person's suggestion, that the rollers may be worn out, is also true. Thank you both for your responses. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.