Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i bought my printer about year and a half ago. Used it maybe 15 times? - i still have original ink in the printer since the time i bought it so imagine that... Today i needed to print something- but i got an error saying that cartridges cannot move and to clear the jam or obstacle. Wait a min... i havent printed anything on it for months so what JAM?? anyway- i opened it up and no jam but then i noticed that this little plastic gear under carriage for ink is loose and off the metal rod that it is supposed to be on. I checked and of course my printer is out of warranty. so i got to play with screw driver and opened up the printer, retrieved loose part and i was ready to put it back all together. GUESS WHAT?! This plastic little gear is broken and i cant find it anywhere to buy online. this plastic part cant be more than $1 and i am not throwing out the printer for that little part- I REFUSE!!!! the problem is i dont even know what is the name of the part. Can someone help and guide me to a list of all the parts for this printer so i can order it online and fix it up? It literally is about 1 inch wide rounder gear with grooves that rotates and move other gear around. please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lutech

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and unfortunately you will not be able to order those printer parts

Please contact HP Support in your region and they will arrange for the repair

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

But why would I request repair when it will cost me most likely same amount as buying new printer. And I really dont want to pay fortune to repair a thing that is most likely 35c. And technically the printer is like brand new. If I used it a lot then I understand that parts get worn out- but I used it maybe 15 times all together to print single pages...

HP Recommended

@Lutech

The printer will not be repaired. HP Support will most probably offer you an exchange or upgraded printer

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.