Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-04-2022 04:20 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a paper jam error on the printer, and I am glad to assist you.
Make sure the carriage can move freely
- Make sure the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Lift up and push back the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet.
- WARNING: You must unplug the power cord to move the carriage by hand and reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of electrical shock.
- Use a flashlight to check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.
- CAUTION:If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.
- Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.
- If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the printer, move the carriage to the right side and then the left side of the printer.
- Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.
- Make sure that the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer. Firmly push the carriage to the left side of the printer, and then push it to the right side.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.
Reset the printer
- Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Try to print.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community