Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hey there, 

So I recently have been having issues with my HP OfficeJet 3830. The paper for some reason is not feeding into the printer properly. It seems to always fall out of alignment and gets jammed in the printer. I have done every step on the website but am still having the issues. It's almost as if something is blocking it, but I am not seeing any objects obstructing the process. If someone could please give me some insight on this, that would be great. 

Best.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is a $200 inkjet, so there is no service options available.  If under warranty, HP would just exchange printer.  I have not used a vertical feed type inkjet in a long time.  When I did use them, jams would be caused by worn pick up rollers or a blockage in the paper path.  I have found paper clips, insects, and other objects lodged in the vertical feed paper path.  If printer has been in service for a long time or if intermediate or heavy weight media (greater than 24lb) is frequently used, pick up rollers may be worn.  First, turn printer over and check the clean out area.  You may have room to clean rollers.  Some good rubber cleaner will do.  Then, print test page.  If paper starts to feed incorrectly, pull power cord.  Look at leading edge of paper.  It should help discover any blockages or defective feed components.  HP does not provide parts to fix any broken internal parts.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.