Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-02-2022 08:26 PM
We have an HP Officejet 6600 and I turned it on recently to find multiple issues... PLEASE HELP ASAP!
-First: the paper was jammed (it wasn't) so I seemed to have fixed that.
-Then: I turned the printer back on and it gave multiple error messages, sequentially:
--error that the printhead appears to be missing/not on correctly
--error that the ink is bad/jammed
--error that the paper is jammed again
-The warranty is expired, apparently, so customer service can't help me apparently.
PLEASE HELP ASAP!
09-10-2022 12:20 PM - edited 09-10-2022 12:20 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing multiple error messages on your HP Officejet 6600 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you able to make a copy?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Was there any paper jam or carriage jam issue on the printer recently?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Printer Failure' Error
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community