cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chambr
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Officejet 8020 Document feeder not working - Brand new unit.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a new HP officejet 8020 .. set it up and when i try to use the ADF (automatic document feeder) it will only scn the glass ... wont take doc in although it does say docs are loaded. Something I missed or a feeder issue (mechanical).

2 REPLIES 2
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,449 7,370 782 2,054
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you load the ADF and make a copy does it feed from the ADF? If yes then you do not have a mechanical issue but rather a setup issue. If you are using the HP scan software you need to tell it to use the ADF. The default often sets to glass for some reason, possibly to accommodate units that do not have ADFs. 

Repairatrooper_0-1614885332639.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Chambr
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked the source for the doc and it is listed as the document feeder however it still only scans the glass .... thinking its a hardware issue .. thought it may have been something i missed (or an inherent problem)  ... will be returning the unit for another.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation