Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8024 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer just out of warranty & now the Paper won't load intermittently.

Have tried to see if anything jammed or broken but it doesn't look like it.

All I can do is keep taking the paper tray out & then reloading it & it then eventually works but I loose so much of my day doing this it's getting frustrating, but don't really want to buy a new printer as only just out of warranty.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lisabelucky 

Hello,

Are you registered for HP Instant Ink?

As the first instance, please follow the steps to resolve the problem in the HP document: 'Out of Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Paper.

Please perform a power supply reset on the printer to resolve the error.

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Before continuing, wait until the printer is idle and silent.
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  4. With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord into the outlet.
    NOTE:  HP then recommends reconnecting the printer's power cord directly into a wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically make it.
    It is possible that the printer goes through a warm-up cycle. It is also possible that the printer lights blink.
  9. Wait until the preheat cycle and until the printer is idle and silent before continuing.
  10. Print a calibration page, if prompted.
  11. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
  12. Try to print.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Mans.  Yes I am subscribed to Instant Ink & pay for up to 700 pages per month.

I have carried out the procedure you have mentioned but the problem still exists.  Are you able to help me anymore with this?

HP Recommended

@Lisabelucky 

Thanks for your return,

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a procedure to reset the printer. So I prefer to recommend that you contact HP and indicate that you are enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service.

I recommend that you Contact HP HP Support in your country/region.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.