Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-09-2022 10:50 AM
Hello, my printer continues to show a paper jam. I have reset it, unplugged it, cleaned everything and when I turn it on, it goes to print and immediately flashes the paper jam. I think it might be a sensor in the back but I have no idea. All I know is that there is no jam. Any help would be greatly appreciated it. Have had this printer for a long time, it’s been a great one and I would like to fix this issue and move on.
07-12-2022 07:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a false paper jam issue with your HP Officejet Pro 8600. I really appreciate your efforts on trying to resolve the issue on your own. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Please refer to this document and make sure you have tried all the steps.
If the issue persists then please follow the below steps:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
if the issue persists then I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community