Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP PRINTER PRO 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My cousin gave me an older HP Pro Printer 8600.  I tried to tape my drivers lincense on  a standard size sheet of paper but the  paper jammped in the Printer Cover when the Drivers License tried to make that rolling curve.

Where is there a link; doc; video;; to dismantle the printer cover?

Thanks from New Orleans 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GaryOrleans, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the paper is jammed inside the printer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document - Paper Jam Error

If the jam is at the document feeder at the top, refer to - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper

Also, make sure the print carriage is moving freely - Carriage jam or E3 error

Check if the paper is loaded correctly in the input tray - Loading Paper, Envelopes

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Than you.  "COVER"

Can you go back and read my post?  Look at the title for "Cover"

Look for 'Cover' in the message body.  Thanks

HP Recommended

@GaryNewOrleans

If you have tried the steps mentioned in my previous post and the issue is not resolved, please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANKS but, the drivers license if not stuck in the printer.

The license is stuck in the cover.  The cover is on top of the printer.

There is no need to purchase a printer every time  someone has a paper jam or license jam or any tupe of jam.

It was easy;  someone told me how to removed the top part of the Cover and there was my license.

Put the cover top back on the cover.  Very simple.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.