Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP mPhotosmart 8050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is showing me Paper Jam, Clear Paper Jam and click ok. There is no paper jam. Because of this the printer is not working.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Monique_64, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print due to this false error message. Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Paper Jam Error

Check if the print carriage is moving freely.

Now, try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue. If the printer makes a copy, the hardware is fine.

If you are not able to make a copy, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

My HP Photosmart printer 8050 is not a multifunction  printer, so it does not make copies.

When I click OK  a blank sheet of paper goes through.

RIGHT NOW I do not see the jam sign anymore, but this is the second time it happened. The first time the Error Jam message disappeared and the normal picture came back I thought  "GREAT” but as soon I tried a test copy the error appeared again.

I did notice that the 2 cartridges the colour #95 and black # 98 are taking quite a while to get in position.

I really appreciate your assistance.  And I do understand , this printer was bought several years ago and maybe it is just giving up. Although  I have not used it a lot lately.

I have another Laser Printer for black only. HP Professional Laser jet 1606dn. and regretfully when I bought  a New IMAC Desktop in September 2017, my HP Professional Laserjet was not supporting this HP printer 1606dn  and I had to buy another printer " a Brother’s  HL-L 2360DW" wireless printer and it is a very good printer. Since the eighties I have been buying HP Laserjet printers starting with the 4L, then 600 series, then 1200 series etc. etc. and I was very upset when my HP1606dn which was pretty new at that time(2017) was not supported on my new IMAC.

Just a bit of history.  If I need to buy a new colour printer which one will you suggest?

Monique_64

HP Recommended

@Monique_64

I understand. For info on new printers, you may contact the HP Shopping team or HP Store as suggested in my previous post. They will be able to offer you a printer best suited to your requirements.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.