Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 8250 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am Joe,

I need some urgent help please.

I have an HP Photosmart 8250 printer. The printer has been working fine, without any issues.

Few days ago, I changed all the ink cartridges and now a message keeps coming up saying: "print cartridge cradle is stuck, please clear paper jam." This message is showing every time I fire up the printer & I cannot go any further into the menu to select other options.

I have removed all the ink cartridges and re-installed them all property/tightly but this message will not go off.

The printer gets stuck during the reset process and when I press OK, the printer go through the reset cycle again and the message appears again, this is happening again & again & again, just keeps going around in circles.

I have carefully checked the front, top & back of the printer and I cannot see anything stuck inside. I have also removed all the paper from the paper tray.

I can manually move the cradle right to left all the way by hand and there is no obstruction & cannot see anything which is causing this problem. The cradle is free from any obstructions.

Can someone please offers some help on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@5mile

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have followed your reset procedure many times and the printer keep getting stuck with the same message.

One time it did manage to go through the full reset process but then a new message came up:

Ink System Failure

The ink system has failed and can no longer print.

Refer to printer documentation

ERROR 0xc18a0501 Turn printer OFF then ON.

I have turned printer off then on and again the printer gets stuck on printer cradle stuck message.

I am not able to update the software as the PC cannot detect this printer as it just get stuck during the start up.

I am also unable to run the HP diagnostics tool as the PC cannot detect the printer.

All the ink cartridges are brand new. The printer problems started happening when I replaced the ink.

Please advise as to the next step.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Would there be a certain button configuration which I could press to reset it to factory reset or resolve these issues?

I need to get the printer sorted now or will just have to bin it. Over two weeks without a printer now.

Can't understand why it would just get stuck by just changing the ink cartridges. (was working perfect before).

Any help from anybody or should I just bin it?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

If you insert your old ink, do you still get the error message?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just inserted the old cartridges and still getting the "Printer Cradle stuck" message.

The new and old cartridges are both original HP ink.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have updated the printer software through the Windows 10 update.

I have also powered the printer from several different power outlets, mains sockets & extension leads. 

I have tried with the old & new original HP printer cartridges and still keep getting the same message 

"print cartridge cradle is stuck, please clear paper jam then press OK."

There is nothing stuck in the printer & cannot see anything broken or dislodged.

The printer cartridge cradle can be moved freely, by hand without any obstructions.

???

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-8200-printer-series/443048/model/443043/document/...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.