Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please review the image. I have no idea where this part should go, can anybody tell me? The printer is behaving strangely, feeding blank paper and struggling with double-sided printing (for which I imagine this part allows the feeding through of paper etc.).

Thanks

The HP image upload functionality doesn't seem to be working for me so here is an imgur link: 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That looks like some type of paper guide or switchback gate. I don't have a 6960 in the office I can reference, but if you take the paper tray out of the printer and set it on its back, best guess is that it goes on the back underside of the printer or in the very back of the printer if its accessible. If your having problems duplex printing, that's probably some type of switchback gate so when the printer pulls the paper back into the printer for the backside print, it can change the direction of the paper path. its looks like there 2 nipples on either end of that piece of plastic, so those probably just snap into place inside the printer. sometimes those gates have a solenoid that will flip them up or down, so you may see a little arm that looks likes its missing a friend. Non serviceable printer, so private techs don't have any service manuals to reference. Best of luck!

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.