Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-08-2023 01:47 AM
Unit is about 6 yrs old. I got it with HP All in One Desk top when Windows 10 just came out. Keeps giving me the "paper jam message and there is no paper jam. It started to feed, and the page was crooked to the left- then it stopped altogether. I have been trying for about 4 hours- Maybe the rollers are just wore out? Wont feed from the back, or the top. I tried cleaning the rollers, checked to see if there was something jammed in there (I have young grandchildren in the house) I unplugged the power cord, and plugged it directly into the outlet rather than the power strip.
01-15-2023 07:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP OfficeJet 3830, DeskJet 3830 Printers - 'Out of Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Paper
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community