Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find what sort of photo paper works with an HP8720.

I am trying to print 6x4 using HP Premium Plus paper, but it gets jammed after its printed, but before it is ejected. I have to open the access door (where you access the cartridges) and open the flap right in front of the cartridges....

I thought I was being logical in using HP photo paper on an HP printer. 

[for the record - normal A4 paper works fine]

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TwistedPsycho, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly refer to the paper-handling section on the printer specifications page to check the support photo papers and paper size.

Yes, this printer supports printing on 4x6 photo paper.

Make sure the photo paper is loaded correctly in the input tray. Refer to - Loading Paper, Cards, and Envelopes

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Check the print settings on the app you are using before printing

To know how to print photos from your PC, watch this video. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar.

I hate to disagree, however it is rare that I find ANY photo paper that is not jamming in the printer.

I have 230gsm glossy photo paper in 6*4, 7*5 and A4; all of them are currently jamming after printing, but before ejecting into the tray to collect. A4 paper is okay, A5 paper is okay, but anything thicker than 100gsm jams at the last set of rollers.

I have to go in and lift the flap inside the printer to retrieve them.

TP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with 4x6 pager.  It works fine with larger pager, but will jam with 4x6.  

HP Recommended

@TwistedPsycho

This printer supports printing on 220 to 280 g/m2 photo paper. If the issue persists, this could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.