Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5640 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The above printer very noisy, it is like cogs whirring together.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TRYER3, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer is noisy. To assist you better, are you able to print and make copies?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Check for any jams inside the printer or for any loose objects. Perform the steps mentioned in this document - Paper Jam' Error

Make sure the print carriage is moving freely. 

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Try making a standalone copy and check the result. If the issue persists, this could be a hardware issue with the printer. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I have done all the updates, etc to the printer as suggested.

Yes, I can print from the Pc and I can also copy documents, etc.

The noise is like cogs whirring together but the strange thing is it doe`s not do it all the time or every time.

So perhaps something has possibly come loose inside.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.