Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-01-2021 12:20 PM
Welcome to the HP Community.
Donot respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.
Donot respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.
These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.
The most important factors:
- Printer must be clean and ready to Print > Color or Black Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues
- Printer must support the photo paper type, size, and paper weight.
- Printer must be aware of the the paper loaded in the tray.
- Preferences / Properties / job setup must be selected, including the Source for printers having more than one tray
- The printer software (full driver) should be installed.
Details - Places to check / adjust the setup
Specifications here - "What the printer can do"
and here - User Guide - Pages 117-118
Manage Paper Selection and Setup
Check that the printer supports the paper type, size, and weight.
Load the paper according to the instructions in the User Guide
Tell the Printer about the paper using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar
Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management
If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)
Click Apply to save changes
EWS - HP Smart – Windows
Start HP Smart Application
In section Settings > Advanced
Tab Settings > Preferences
Tray and Paper Management
As Available: Check / Adjust settings in Advanced
Click Apply to save changes
Side Bar - Copy
Using Copy (as opposed to Print)?
Use EWS to adjust the Copy Defaults
See Page 45 in the User Guide
Not relevant to your situation? Ignore.
Set / Adjust the print settings in Preferences / Properties in your software used to view / submit the job to the printer
User Guide - Page 48
Example - Printing Preferences
Example - HP Smart - Windows - Simple Photo Print - 5x7
References / Resources
Method - Use the Easy Start Wrapper to Install the Full Feature / Full Driver Software
For printers that support the option,
Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.
- Home Page - HP Easy Start
- Open Category Software and Drivers
- Topic: Software-Utility
- Download-and-Save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- If using USB: Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
- If using USB: Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.
Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey
- About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
- You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
- If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription. Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
- Full driver provides print and scan functions supported by your printer.
HP Smart for Windows
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- FAQ examples:
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the login feature.
- Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart
- FAQ examples:
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to thePrint and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community