Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7800 Photo 7855

I have a HP ENVY Photo 7855 that keeps giving me a paper jam message. After looking several times for possible blockages, I realize its a false flag. There is not a shred of paper in any of the four areas of the unit. Please advise. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@David0513

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen. Check if the printer carriage is moving freely inside the printer. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - 'Carriage Jam' or 'E3' Error Displays and A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays

And, also reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Update the printer firmware if possible

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

If the error persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.