Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I cannot open the top of my HPENVY 6032 printer to change the cartridge

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sheila160-1_,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to open the printer to change the cartridge 

Follow the below suggestions -

Turn on the printer.

Load plain white paper into the input tray.

Lift the ink cartridge access door by using the recessed areas on the sides of the printer until it locks into place.

The carriage moves slightly to the left.

HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6000 and HP ENVY 6000 All-in-One printers

Opening the ink cartridge access door

Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

Lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot, and then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Lift the lid

Gently push the lid back

Pull up on the ink cartridge

Remove the new ink cartridge from its package. Be careful to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.

Holding the ink cartridge by its sides

Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge using the pull tab.

CAUTION:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Handling these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Removing the plastic tape

With the nozzles toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot until it snaps into place.

NOTE:

Install the color ink cartridge on the left and the black ink cartridge on the right.

Inserting the ink cartridge

Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.

Repeat these steps to install the other ink cartridge.

Close the ink cartridge access door.

After you install new ink cartridges, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.

If the printer does not print an alignment page, manually perform a cartridge alignment. For more information see What if the alignment page did not print? in the Frequently asked question (FAQs) section.

Lift the scanner lid, and place the alignment page print-side down on the scanner glass, aligned to the engraved guides near the glass.

Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass

Close the scanner lid, press Black and White Copy button on the control panel.

The scanner scans the alignment page.

Wait until the Cancel button light turns off, indicating the alignment is complete.

You may refer to- https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_6281536-6281581-16

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.