Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2634
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From the day I bought the printer, every time I print something, I must press the resume button to get the document to actually print.

Does anyone have any ideas on things I could try?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Most of the time this is caused by a paper mismatch.  The setting for size or type on the printer does not match either the driver settings or the program settings.  For instance, if your printout is set for letter size cardstock and you have plain letter loaded. It pauses so you can approve printing on the different stock.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The printer is set up to use A4 paper, I have A4 paper in the printer and I'm 99% sure that everything I print is set to A4 yet I always have to press the button to start the print.

I just want to be able to hit print and have the printer print without having to double check a dozen settings beforehand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.