Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 9016
Microsoft Windows XP

I keep getting an error message - The original is jammed in the document feeder. Remove and reload the original

We've open it as much as we know how Can hear grinding noise but can't locate anything. Won't print or scan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There could still be some paper stuck in the document feeder from the jam. Keep opening all available covers and checking. open the ADF cover and check inside the turn down, but be sure to raise the ADF up and check from the bottom side. A flashlight can help illuminate the inside bits. The grinding noise could be problematic. Its not uncommon for paperclips to get pulled into the paper path, so that could be causing the feed system to not work. Could have stripped the feed system gears pulling out the jam.

When you restart the printer, does the ADF make those grinding noises or do you see any kind of movement during start up?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response

We've tried most of what you said unless we can't figure out how to open a part.

How do I find an HP authorized repair location.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.