Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First -  The printer goes through the set-up and then displays the error message:  oX61011bed, which is for

carriage jam caused by a paper jam. In actual fact this is not the problem with my printer. It was CAREFULLY

checked. There are no (95% positive) bits of paper hiding in the paper path. In fact, I am able to more a

sheet of paper through entire path with no difficulty.

In between screen messages of Printer Failure, I have been able to connect to my network and have been

able to use the touch screen to examine ALL the printer functions. Is there a way to disable the error message,

for instance with a Factory Reset?    OR  is my 'problem child' headed for Recycle?

Yesterday "Shlomi" provided two references in  HP Support  to correct the problem. They were followed twice, with no change.

Another problem (maybe) is visible. When the printer indicates it is printing, the two little wheels do NOT

drop down to start the paper into the 'path'. If I "fiddle' with the paper to start it, it is pulled through normally.

"Am I whipping a DEAD horse?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Soapy1928

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Soapy1928

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.