Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-12-2022 11:37 AM
I have an HP ENVY Photo 7855, it's been great for about 3 years that I've had it but recently it just says "Carriage Jam". I followed the instructions to "fix it" and make sure that nothing was in the way but it hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure what to do or how to fix it.
08-15-2022 12:59 PM - edited 08-15-2022 12:59 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware:
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Printers - Carriage jam or E3 error
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community