Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

I replaced the printer cartridges and now it says there is a carriage jam. There is no paper jam and the printer carriage moves. I have tried reinstalling to the old cartridges, unplugging the printer, checking for anything that could be in the way. No luck. Thoughts? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mmo22,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing carriage jam issues with your HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer.

Please follow the steps listed below to reset the printer:
1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
5. Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

You may also check this weblink: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05556825 

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.