Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LasetJet 1536dnf MFP
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP keeps giving me the  error message that there is a jam in the cartridge area.  I've taken out the cartridge multiple times, and there is no  jam there. Even when the message first appeared, there had been no jam. Printing was fine, then it just stopped printing.  I've unplugged it and done the power restart several times but it just keep blinking the error message. Please help. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This model uses a single sensor with two flags to detect both cartridge status and paper jam. I have seen one of the flags get dislodged which then shows this error.  The one flag is in the upper left of the cartridge cavity and the other flag is behind the back panel. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.