Patmil
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laser Jet Pro MFP M277

HP Recommended
hp laser jet pro mfp m277 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Error message "Jam in print paper path,  Open Tray 2,  and rear door.   I have done all that, found no paper any where, have read the HP support suggestions along with others.  I have opened up all areas of input and output and there is no paper jam.  Printer a document and the next time I go to print or copy, I get this message and can't clear it at all.   Anyone have any suggestions?  Printer is useless to me now.

Pat

1 REPLY 1
Repairatrooper
Level 13
Level 13
8,347 8,249 869 2,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usually a small piece of paper that did not come out when you removed the jam is the problem and often because it is stuck under one of the flags which prevents the printer from returning to ready. The easiest method is to floss the printer. This is done by using a heavier piece of paper or very thin stiff cardboard and pushing it through the paper path in the standard direction of travel to hopefully force the bits out. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation