Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 4350 w Duplex Accessory
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Laserjet 4350 periodically jams at the end of or during a print job. It picks up and feeds an additional page that is completely blank but stops suddenly in the output rollers, and doesn't make it completely to the output bin.  Does not happen with every print.

What have I tried?

Looking online - various sites, and have performed the following:

Have cleaned the sticky adhesive on the solenoid that has been a problem for other users. (Did that more than a year ago)

Have removed the adhesive that has been a problem in the output feed for other users. (Did that more than a year ago)

Have replaced all the pick up and separation rollers (all 3 per tray), as well as the tray 1 roller and separation pad. (Done this past week)

Have replaced the toner cartridge and fuser.  Cartridge is a quality (Staples Sustainable Earth) remanufactured cartridge. (Fuser replaced within the past month and toner cartridge replaced within the past week)

These steps seem to have had no appreciable effect on the problem, although replacing the pick up and separation rollers has stopped some other jams I was getting.

Firmware version V.28.47.FF

Problem does not occur with every print job, but frequently enough (likely at least one out of ten jobs) to be a pain.

Have to be at the printer's side and pull hard to release the extra page in time before the next page feeds through in order to avoid a complete jam in the back cover and under the toner cartridge and possibly in the fuser (and it sometimes shows a jam in the duplexer unit but have yet to actually have one there.)

Also, I have been told I should open the duplexer to access the rollers and renew the neoprene with a rubber renewer.  Haven't found any instructions for that.  Nothing in the Service Manual.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sticky paper pickup solenoid.

Google it's relatively easy to fix on a laserjet 4350. You can find video instructions on YT on how to fix it.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

When you removed the adhesive did you replace it with some type of buffer? If not then the 2 parts of the solenoid will over time magnetize and stick together.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.