Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P3015 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I need to print letter & legal size paper during the same print job. I have my legal size in tray 1 and letter size in trays 2 & 3. ALL of my jobs print from tray 1 (legal size). Once remove the paper from that tray (1) it prints from tray 3. I have my settings set up as: Page size & Handling: fit -> Choose paper source by PDF size: checked ->Orientation: Auto -> Comments & Forms: Document and Markups. What am I doing wrong? One print job may have a combination of both letter and legal-size sheets and I want the printer to automatically recognize the right tray. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Three things to try:

1- On your computer, go to control panel>devices and printers, right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties. Click on device settings and make sure that the tray paper sizes are set properly here

2- When you go to print, make sure paper source is in driver is set for "printer auto select"

3- Under "effects" tab make sure that Resizing option is set to "actual size"

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have this problem also.  I have a p3015 Laserjet.  As you stated, I corrected the paper size for each tray.  On the printer, the manual feed is tray 1, the first drawer is 2 (letter), and the added tray is 3(Legal).  In the windows 10 control panel Device Settings it has a line for the manual feed (tray  1).  Then below that it has four lines labeled tray 1, 2, 3, and 4.  Each one can be set to a different paper size.  I have it set as follows.  Manual feed (tray  1)    Letter,  Tray 1  letter, Tray 2   Legal.    I am using the latest version of Adobe Reader DC and the HP p3015 pcl6 driver.  Adobe is set to Actual Size and Choose Paper size by PDF page size.   I was not able to find an effects tab. 

There are many Notary Loan Signing Agents with the same problem.  We have to print the packages of documents for Mortgages.   The packages are received as one file with 100 to 300 pages.  They are mostly letter size but have 20 to 30 legal size pages interspersed, 2 or 3 at a time.  So you can see it is very important to have this capability.  Many Agents with Brother 6200 printers also have this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.