cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

M180nwn intermittent paper jam in fuser

HP Recommended
m180nw

M180nw color laser jet .   Inconsistent paper feed issue.  One page prints, next page jams in fuser.  Remove jam &  close rear door. Blank page prints or maybe next page of document prints.  Have rebooted to no avail.  Diagnostics find no issues & test page prints ok. Paper tray is fine.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,489 448 707
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fsherman254 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer that I have is a Color Laserjet Pro MFP180nw.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,848 5,818 354 389
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fsherman254,

It looks like you were interacting with @praveen196, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

Try the below suggestions to resolve the paper jam error 

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Also, try the steps in the document-Paper Jam Error

Let me know how this goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all of the suggested fixes, reboots. etc. (AT LEAST TWICE) I have the HP print & scan doctor on my PC and have utilized it’s directions to no avail.  The suggested fixes are the same as the virtual assistant and I have tried them all.

When printing after the first page the sound of the paper feed seems to change and the sound of the printer laboring a bit occurs.  I have checked for any small scraps or paper pieces and even have blown out the printer with a low volume air source.

Thanks for the response.  This unit was purchased on November 13, 2019, so it is still under the one year warranty.

Scott Roth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,489 448 707
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fsherman254

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried these steps numerous times and continually come up against the virtual assistant.  No phone # to be found.  I asked the virtual assistant for a contact and still nothing.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,863 11,849 656 489
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation