Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M477fnw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi all,

I have an interesting problem... I sent some paper through my manual feed and it didn't come out as usual. No jam feed error. 

I opened up the usual slots (front & back) and couldn't see anything. I tried printing from the tray (really needed to get something out) and that has also disappeared. I've had a good poke about but can't seem to find the paper anywhere!

Any thoughts?

R

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

A few pics... and yes we had a problem with a magenta cartridge (serves me right for not using OEM but the prices - wow - literally more than we paid for the printer)

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 14.19.19.pngScreenshot 2020-09-21 at 14.19.25.pngScreenshot 2020-09-21 at 14.19.35.png

HP Recommended

The white tray on picture 1 is the duplex paper path. It will drop down and I have had paper disappear into there. Other than that, with this engine the only other option is that the paper has wrapped around the fuser. Major tear down to get to it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks trooper. Do you know if any guides are out there on how to best do this without wrecking the thing? 

eg. where to start and which order is best to go 🙂

HP Recommended

Oh and if it is this is the fuser dead or will I be able to remove the paper? 

HP Recommended

Best advice is to find a website that offers service manuals for download at a low $$$. There are a couple out there but I cannot publish the names. Fuser may or may not be damaged beyond recovery and you will only really know once you get the fuser out and look at it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

So I after a little bit of bank and forth on the phone with HP support (turns out I had a 3 year warranty - although I didn't 'claim' it at the time they v. nicely authorised a repair) they sent out an engineer to inspect.

It was a very simple solution in the end. Tray 1 has a green button on the left that pushes down a hatch / mechanism. The paper was jammed up there - perhaps the first sheet had a small fold in it or was curled beforehand.

The engineer was so surprised that the phone support hadn't suggested it. Ah well!

On the plus side I now know where that hatch is, and also how to deconstruct my printer and remove/replace my fuser 😄

Thanks for all the help!

R

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.