Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

We have a quite old printer (~9 years) refusing to print anymore as it detect and jam at the standard output bin.
As you may have guessed, there is no jam whatsoever and there is no way to make the printer change it's mind.

I opened it up on all side and checked anywhere for any piece of paper that could've been left inside, but nothing.
I followed all of the "jam" section to ensure, opened the printer to check the paper feeder and even did a full firmware reinstall, yet nothing seems to work on it.

I'm open to any suggestion concerning this issue, before ending up requesting a new printer.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can you please post the numeric error code that accompanies this message.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairatrooper,

There is no error code that can be found dirrectly within the message.
The issue is a 13.E1 but I won't be able to tell the last 2 digits as I am unable to find it

When I attempt to open the service menu, it gets stuck on the loading screen and doesn't do anything afterward, even though I'm not sure that has something to do with the issue.

From what I've found, this code translate to the following :
Late to standard bin sensor (output bin). This jam occurs when the leading edge of the paper does not reach the face-down output bin full sensor (PS10) in the designated amount of time after activating PS6.

I am nothing of an expert using/repairing printers and have not much clues about what to do with this.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Do you have a finisher attached or just a single output bin? Make sure that the bin is seating properly and that the output flag is not jammed in any way.

You can also view the event log through the embedded web server or look at the configuration report which will show the last 3 errors in the entirety. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.