Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi~

I have been fighting this issue for a while and it has gotten progressively worse. It started with an output jam that didn't really exist but it was easy to clear by opening the rear door and closing it again. Then each print job could only be 1 page, the page would get stuck in the output bin (just the last tiny bit, it would have fully printed) and it could be pulled out and the jam would clear. Then the jams stopped clearing even when the paper was out or doors were opened then closed. The only way to clear it was to unplug, wait 60 seconds, and then plug back in. Now that stopped working too.

The screen says to open the back door and paper tray and check for paper jam. I've done both numerous times. We've also taken the cartridge tray out and looked for paper. Nothing. 

Scan to USB function still works fine. 

PLEASE someone give me a solution that will actually work. This printer was too expensive and not used enough to have to replace it. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, there are sensor flags that detects paper throughout the paper path of the device. It sounds to me like one of the springs fell out of place on one of these sensor flags, most likely one located near the Fuser assembly or Output tray. Without spring tension, the sensor flag cannot move correctly and can cause false paper jam message. Locate the flags, found throughout the machine and make sure they are working properly.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Hope this helps, thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.