cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie261
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Mishandling of heavyweight paper (card stock)

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8024 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.12 Sierra

The printer is having difficulty feeding heavyweight paper correctly.

When first purchased, the printer worked fine and correctly fed the heavyweight paper into the tray. Now after a month or so, it is dragging the paper up too quickly, so the artwork is mis aligned to one side! The card stock is Textured White Linen Card 260gsm and i have seen that the highest stock this printer can print is 280gsm.

I have no idea why this is happening, I have re-aligned the cartridges and gone through all the printer cleaning processes and i am stuck with why this is happening. 

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,945 5,929 702 987
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maximum paperweight for your printer model is 105 gsm for plain paper, everything above that will work for some time when the printer is new and until paper handling failure occurs due to printing on too heavy media.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation