Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-03-2022 12:49 PM
My HP Office Jet Pro 6978 stopped when I was printing pictures. It said I had a paper jam. I pulled the drawer and realigned the paper. Now it won't print but it won't turn off unless I pull the power cord. It's not giving me any more messages on the screen. I have a wireless combination modem/router.
03-06-2022 06:38 AM
@MDM7546, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I see that you are not able to use the printer. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
If this does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it. Power on the printer and check.
Re-confirm there are no jams inside the printer. Refer to - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays
Make sure the print carriage moves freely.
If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware failure.
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community