Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-03-2020 02:01 PM
I am getting "document feeder jam" message on my Officejet Pro 6978. There is no document paper jammed, I have tried all the online fixes. No success. The message appeared out of nowhere. I was not printing or copying or using the printer at the time. Any ideas??
11-16-2020 02:13 PM
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a paper jam error on the printer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If the issue persists, then continue troubleshooting from the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community