Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet MFP281dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The printer says there is a paper jam and I should open the back door.  I've done that with a clear view and there is no paper there.  I also pulled out the paper trays and there is no paper there either.  I've tried turning it off briefly and overnight and am still getting the error message which won't let me print. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you checked in the duplex path by dropping the duplex tray. Pull out the standard paper tray and look for a green tab that you press to release the duplex tray and you may find paper there.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I took out the paper tray and the one above it that you use for manual feed. I don't see any green button. Is the duplex tray different from the tray you use for manual feed?

Thanks for your reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.