Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 7510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The printer accepts print command, but unable to feed paper through to complete print job. Shows "load paper into tray" although the paper is loaded and aligned. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RRod11 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting load paper into the tray message.

Please perform the below steps.

Step one: Reset the All-in-One

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait at least 15 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. Turn the printer on.

Step two: Print a self-test report

Print a self-test report to determine if the issue is resolved.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the home screen on the product control panel, touch Setup () on the top right side. A list of menu options displays.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Printer Status Report. The product prints the report.

• If the self-test report prints, try printing the original document again. If the issue is resolved, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

Please refer to the below link to more troubleshoot.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02970687

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your email earlier. My apologies for the delay, been very busy this week.

In short, no joy. I think the issue may be a mechanical one, with the roller/feeder not spinning to push the paper through. (The little arm with a roller at the end which drops down to feed a sheet in). I have tried to clean it, but this has not helped. What would you recommend?

HP Recommended

@RRod11

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have  a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.