Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using HP Office Jet Pro 6978 with Windows 10.  I cannot print any document now because I am getting 0x6100004a error. I looked up this error and tried to look for any paper in side the printer, in the document feeder and paper tray. Nothing there.  The Ink cartridge does not move from the right most position while maintenance of the printer attempts to start.  This is second printer in two years. I don't want to throw this printer. I would like to fix it.  Any help will be useful. I tried the Virtual Assistant from HP, I followed all the steps. It could not solve the issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.