cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet Pro 6978 HP Photo Paper: Sounds like printing, then only prints partial or blank page

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi all!

I'm using an OfficeJet Pro 6978 and hoping to print an image on HP Advanced Photo Paper. Unfortunately, the first time I printed, while the image was placed on the page correctly, I realized I put the photo paper in upside-down. After flipping the photo paper then trying to print again, I received multiple different results when printing from Photoshop or Preview (of PNG of the image).

On the first attempt again printing with Photoshop (all settings correct: 5x7 glossy photo paper, best quality), it sounded like the printing was happening and then all of a sudden the sheet was sent out and with nothing on it EXCEPT on the back where clearly ink had been put onto the feed gears/rollers. After trying a few times and getting the same result, I tried again using a PNG of the image and Preview and had similar results: printing sounds for a while, then about 1/2 or 1/4 of the image on the sheet, and again the same amount of ink that seemed to have been on the ink rollers on the backside.

What can I do to remedy this situation? I've set everything up correctly for the media size and type.

Thanks in advance!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation